Year 5 Viking Performance

As a culmination of their learning, Year 5 delivered a dynamic performance to parents and carers on 10th December 2019 demonstrating their knowledge of vikings.

The children really enjoyed it and had the following comments:

"I think it was really good because we got to wear costumes linked to the Vikings. We liked the music and the singing and loved being able to show off our work from Forest School."  - Leon, Ryan and Oscar.

"It was fun because we got to dress up. It was clear how much effort everyone had put into their performance."  - Jaydon, Tyler and Blake.

"It was nerve-wracking but fun. The singing and actions we learnt really made it stand out and the sound effects we had helped dramatise it."  - Archie, Riley and Daniel.

"I learned more about the Viking way of life and how not all Vikings invaded and settled somewhere else, but that when they did it could have been quite an adventure!  The play was really good because it took patience to learn our lines and we were really pleased when the audience listened to us really carefully.  I was incredibly nervous because I'm not normally a fan of being in front of people but because we'd rehearsed, I knew I could do it.  We have been doing drama on Enrichment Afternoon so I knew I'd be okay at performing if I gave it my best shot because I've got lots of skills now." - Sophia.

"I was really proud of myself because I was scared to say my lines the first time we tried them.  At first, I was okay but each time we rehearsed I got better and better and louder and louder.  My final performance was louder and clearer than my first one so I know I got better!"  - Riley.

"Everyone  gave it a go, even though some people were nervous so I was very proud of us all because we didn't back out. We showed kindness and our BLP not to give up.  I enjoyed doing it and thought everyone did really well!"  - Bella.

















Comments