Herbology in Year 6

Report by Ewan & Caitlyn

We thought about the taste and textures of each herb. We all had a different opinion but most of us thought sage was not the most appetising and chive was the most appetising.

The planting of our herbs was very quick and easy. We also learnt a few tips and tricks on how to take care of the plants too. I think most of us found the experience very useful and fun. We learnt that when the soil was dry it needed watering. I also hope that everyone's plants survive se we can all make a delicious dish with our herbs.

What the children had to say:

"I have planted parsley and coriander. I am going to make a tasty meal with them." - Sienna

"It was a lovely experience and I planted coriander. I will look after it and give it a drink once a day, keeping a record of its growth and take pictures." - Allannah

"It was really enjoyable to do. I loved doing it. I check it every day when I water it. I can't wait until it grows so I can use it" - Kaci

"I have planted chives and when the chives grow I will make a fresh meal with them." - Amber

We would like to thank RHS Garden Rosemoor for the donation of the pots for this activity. 














Comments