Year 5 Visit to Aerospace, Bristol

Year 5 visited Aerospace in Bristol at the end of January to help to consolidate their science learning around forces, Earth and space. 

The children had the opportunity to look at exhibitions which documented the journey of aerospace, finding out about groundbreaking pilots and engineers, with lots of opportunities for hands-on experiences. They were very excited to see a Concorde and to be able to look inside - the last Concorde flight landed in Bristol on the runway just outside the museum! 

They also took part in a Blast-off Rocket workshop, building and launching their own paper rockets after working as a team to think about the science involved in creating a successful model. 

Everyone had a great day - thank you very much to our parent volunteers who supported the visit!

What the children had to say:

"I enjoyed going into the WW1 and WW2 parts and seeing what the planes looked like in person." - Reuben

"I enjoyed trying on the pilot’s costume." - Gavyn

"I enjoyed trying on the engineer’s costume." - Ashley

"I liked seeing all of the different aeroplanes and I enjoyed making my rocket." - Ana

"I really enjoyed walking around the timeline section because there were tonnes of interesting fun bits like a tracing section and places where you could stamp your card." - Elsa

"I had fun looking at the different simulations. Some you could try out and that was really fun." - Scarlett

"I enjoyed going into the last concorde that ever flew." - Jack

"I liked doing the card stamping because I liked seeing the different aeroplane prints." - Archie

"I liked going into the concorde and making my rocket." - Aubree































Comments