Year 5 Get Dramatic with Quirk Theatre

On Friday 19th April, Exeter-based Quirk Theatre visited Year 5 for an inspiring and imaginative workshop. The children worked together with the practitioners to simulate oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases in the atmosphere, thinking about the vital roles they play and the damage human actions are causing to the planet. 

The children are already looking forward to a second visit from the theatre company, when they will be contributing ideas to an upcoming production at The Plough!

What the children thought...

"I enjoyed learning new facts about space and the ocean" - Ashley

"I learned that in the greenhouse layer, there is carbon dioxide, water vapour and methane" - Bryon

"I enjoyed learning about what trees can do and why they are helpful" - Jack

"I enjoyed it when we did freeze frames in space and when we captured the balls to roll them back into the middle" - Elsa

"I enjoyed it when we made the trees and people were breathing out carbon dioxide and breathing in oxygen" - Izzy

"I learned that some of our air comes from the ocean" - Brooke

"I learned that a shark’s egg case is called a mermaid’s purse" - Avi
















Comments